PDA

View Full Version : alweer een Engelsman test GLPK viper

Raceboy
09-12-2001, 17:43
van crash.net ( van waar anders ;) )

Stokoe tastes Viper venom.

British GT and ELMS racer Stephen Stokoe was astounded by his first taste of Chrysler Viper GTS-R, remarking that the car was 'awesome'.

The 26-year old Porsche expert tested GLPK team's Viper at Zolder this week and was thrilled with the chance to lap in the proven American package. Antwerp-born, Stokoe was no stranger to Belgium, but strangely this was only his second outing in his former mother country, the first being when the Privilege British GT visited Spa-Francorchamps in 2000.

Undeterred by the steep learning curve ahead of him, the long-time Donington-based driver commented on the adverse weather conditions that accompanied his run, but expressed his delight at being able to sample the raw power of the US 'muscle car'.

"I really enjoyed driving the Viper," he enthused, "The conditions weren't ideal, but GLPK allowed me to get a good impression of the car. They are a very professional team and I'm grateful for the chance."

Stokoe is considering his future at present, with options at home and abroad on the table for 2002.

"It's that time of year," he remarked, "I have good options available with my present team, Cirtek Motorsport, who have served me well this year, but I am keeping my options open. I would like to have a crack at the Castrol Belcar championship, and we have some opportunities to look at in other areas also."

GLPK team manager Jorge Segers may add himself to the list of possible suitors for Stokoe's services, after the sportscar convert impressed in the test.

"Stephen is a very competent driver and we would love to have him on our squad," the Belgian said, "I've been watching his career unfold over the past twelve months, and he's proved himself as a frontrunner. We are concluding our testing programme now and will be happy to consider offers from Stephen and Michael Mallock, who we also tested recently."

Alé een belgische Engelsman :)
Volgens mij gaat die viper nog wel van het straat geraken hoor