PDA

View Full Version : Nascar, het laatste mannen-bolwerk! Kunnen we dat zo houden?

Mark
26-05-2006, 21:32
Emancipatie, gelijke behandeling en positieve discriminatie.........de vrouwen achter een stuurtje zijn in opmars. Mijn inziens niks mis mee ;) Beter dat; dan een zwetende en puffende dikke-buiken racer van ver boven de 50 :D

Mwoah, King Ricard Petty denkt daar iets anders over:

Petty hasn't changed views on women racers

Richard Petty didn't think women belonged on the race track when Janet Guthrie became the first female driver to compete in the Coca-Cola 600 in 1976.

Thirty years later, his opinion hasn't changed.

news-journalonline.com (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_NASCAR_PETTY_WOMEN?SITE=FLDAY&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-05-25-21-54-15)

In dat stukje komen wel enkele leuke passages voorbij. De heren waren bepaald niet vriendelijk tijdens het debuut van de eerste vrouw in Nascar in 1976. Tijd dat "strekenmadam" Danica Patrick haar charme(s) in de strijd gaat gooien :)

De echte red-neck gaat zware tijden tegenmoet. Eerst Toyota, binnenkort een Belg en wellicht in de nabije toekomst een "chick" achter het stuur. Je krijgt bijna medelijden met ze ;)

Raceboy
26-05-2006, 21:34
Emancipatie, gelijke behandeling en positieve discriminatie.........de vrouwen achter een stuurtje zijn in opmars. Mijn inziens niks mis mee ;) Beter dat; dan een zwetende en puffende dikke-buiken racer van ver boven de 50 :D

Mwoah, King Ricard Petty denkt daar iets anders over:

In dat stukje komen wel enkele leuke passages voorbij. De heren waren bepaald niet vriendelijk tijdens het debuut van de eerste vrouw in Nascar in 1976. Tijd dat "strekenmadam" Danica Patrick haar charme(s) in de strijd gaat gooien :)

De echte red-neck gaat zware tijden tegenmoet. Eerst Toyota, binnenkort een Belg en wellicht in de nabije toekomst een "chick" achter het stuur. Je krijgt bijna medelijden met ze ;)

Hebben toch al veel vrouwen gereden in de nextel/winston cup? Ik snap de nieuwswaarde niet? :confused:

Raceboy
10-07-2006, 20:20
Ze kunnen wel een een Danica effect krijgen bij NASCAR:

Danica Patrick to NASCAR...on 2007? Danica Patrick could become the next star driver to defect from another major racing series to NASCAR. "I'm trying to get her here [into NASCAR]," said T.J. Patrick, father of the woman who dazzled the motor racing world last year by nearly winning the Indianapolis 500, but has struggled with a mediocre Indy Racing League car ever since. T.J. Patrick, who has managed his daughter's career since her childhood, was at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday, holding exploratory talks with some Nextel Cup teams and sponsors about the possibility of Danica leaving the IRL for NASCAR as early as next year. Her contract expires with the IRL's Rahal-Letterman Racing team, co-owned by TV comic David Letterman, at the end of this season. In addition to considering NASCAR, the Patricks are negotiating with other IRL teams -- and appear unlikely to renew with Rahal-Letterman next year. Bobby Rahal, co-owner of Rahal Letterman racing, declined comment through a spokesperson. Danica, 24, wasn't at Sunday's USG Sheetrock 400 NASCAR race. T.J. and Danica's mother, Bev, came to the Joliet track because "we've had some inquiries" from NASCAR teams, T.J. said. The Patricks were in the Nextel Cup garage area as guests of the powerful Roush Racing team, which fields five Ford teams.(Orlando Sentinel/Ed Hinton)

Raceboy
12-07-2006, 20:37
Ze heeft blijkbaar last van een NASCAR-dad:

Danica Patrick's father clarified his stance today: While he wants the Indy-car driver to switch to NASCAR; she's not so interested even though her contract with Rahal Letterman Racing is set to expire at the end of the season. "I'd be a fool not to want her there, and if you were her father you would, too," T.J. Patrick said after his comments last weekend ignited a media frenzy. "But it's not my decision . . . and I don't believe she wants to do (NASCAR). She wants to stay here (in the IRL), she wants to run Indy, she wants to win the Indy 500. That's her goal." Danica Patrick has been unavailable for comment. T.J. Patrick said he spoke to Danica on Monday so she understood what he told a reporter working for the Tribune Co.[Ed Hinton Orlando Sentinel/Chicago Tribune] "She kind of laughed and said, 'What did you do?' " he said. "It's gotten blown out of proportion so much. No one said a thing when I went with her to the NASCAR race in Phoenix (in April). She talked with (NASCAR team owner) Jack Roush and stuck her head inside Kurt Busch's car. No one said a thing."(Indianapolis Star)

Mark
13-07-2006, 21:16
Ze heeft blijkbaar last van een NASCAR-dad:

Pa is gewoon aan het pingelen voor een beter contract in de IRL ;) NASCAR is iets voor later ;)

Danica Patrick might one day drive in NASCAR, but she doesn't expect it will be next year.

"I wouldn't say it was that big of a chance (of going) next year, but I'd say it's a fairly larger chance in the future," she said Tuesday from Los Angeles.

indystar.com

FIRE
13-07-2006, 21:43
Pa is gewoon aan het pingelen voor een beter contract in de IRL ;) NASCAR is iets voor later ;)
Ik heb ergens gelezen (pitpass.com?) dat NASCAR zowiezo afvalt omdat er teveel races zijn en er dus te weinig ruimte blijft voor haar niet-race activiteiten. ;)

Raceboy
15-07-2006, 21:21
Ze blijft liever in IRL want daar kan ze winnen. Hoeveel heeft ze nu al gewonnen? ;)

Danica Patrick said Friday she has received a preliminary offer from a NASCAR Nextel Cup team for the 2007 season and doubts an IRL IndyCar Series team can match the money being discussed. However, she also said she prefers to stay in open-wheel racing, and that preference could play a part in her decision. “The money doesn‘t really matter,” Patrick said after qualifying at Nashville. “If the top teams came to me, no matter what the number was, and I thought I had a chance to win, I‘d really think about it. Winning is what puts me in headlines.” Meanwhile, IRL team owner Michael Andretti indicated he might - given the right circumstances - be interested in hiring Patrick, but echoed her sentiment that not many open-wheel teams are able to generate the sponsorship money to pay multi-million dollar retainers. Danica Patrick acknowledged Friday that financial numbers have been discussed with a Nextel Cup team, but declined to say which one. “I haven‘t seen an offer, but I‘ve heard about one,” she said. When asked which team made the offer, she said, “I‘m definitely not at liberty to say.”

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/28634/

S. Claeys
19-07-2006, 20:51
NASCAR is wel iets heel anders dan IRL.
In NASCAR zie ik ze niet schitteren.