PDA

View Full Version : Kumpen met de Norma in Daytona

Werner333
27-01-2002, 13:26
Anthony Kumpen gaat in de Daytona 24 uur rijden met de Norma.
Niet het nieuwe chassis maar het oudere. Met het nieuwe staan misschien wat races later op het jaar op het programma.

23 year old Anthony Kumpen is today confirmed to contest the 40th Anniversary Daytona 24 hours race with Team Sezio Florida, on board their Norma-V8 BMW SRP class car.

The traditional season opener will be the FIA GT regular's second outing in as many years, and he's thrilled to be back and in the top SRP class.

"It's a superb invitation from Team Sezio. I am very grateful to Team Principal Edouard Sezionale and Andy Campbell, and I am pleased we could reach a deal together. I think they are a very professional little team, and are capable of making a good impression on a race such as Daytona".

About his mount, the number 78 Norma, he added "The car is not the new one, but we did 2 days testing at Roebling Road, Savannah recently and it never missed a beat. Even though it is a couple of years old, it still has bags of promise and could be developed further, but I think the car will be retired after this race in favour of the newer chassis".

And concerning the new Ford engined car, he continued "I would like to drive it sure, and that is the plan after we have done Daytona. The Ford V8 engine is tuned by Kinetic who I understand have a good depth of knowledge, and the chassis is very nice. The body looks the same but underneath is where the secrets are. I don't think the team are expecting too much from Daytona,
just to run it as an extended test, and see how long they can make it last".

Previously at Daytona (2001) Anthony contested the Dick Barbour/Cirtek Motorsport Porsche 911GT3R, but after trading the lead with the similar Porsche of Luca Riccitelli in the GT class, the car was retired by a team mate with a blown engine.

"This year's race has a lot of good prototypes, and the driver line up on the whole is very strong. But we are concentrating on finishing the race and that's when it matters".

Bron: http://www.totalmotorsport.com/

Raceboy
27-01-2002, 16:18
druk baasje die Anthony

Anthony Kumpen came out on top of the times in a two-day tyre test conducted by Pirelli at Vallelunga in Italy this week, giving heart to the Carsport Holland team with which he has signed for 2002.

The 23-year old is growing in confidence on board the team's Chrysler Viper GTS-R that he will share with team mate Mike Hezemans in this year's FIA GT Championship.

"On Thursday, the weather was really bad, but we still managed to salvage some good feedback for the Pirelli technicians," Kumpen revealed.

"The car felt great in the wet and the new technology Pirelli rubber seems to be good in all climates. We had better brighter weather [on Friday]. Pirelli gave us several different compounds to try, and Mike and myself were pushing harder. He would do a 10.5 lap, then I would do a 10.2, etc."

The Belgian Young Driver of the Year in 2000, Kumpen ended up topping the fastest lap table, ahead of team mate Hezemans by 0.2 of a second, and over two seconds faster than anyone from team he drove for in 2001 - Paul Belmondo Racing - which fielded new signings Marc Duez and Fabio Babini.

"For sure, it's nice to be the quickest but, to be honest this was a test for the tyre manufacturer, and we were more interested in giving them solid workable feedback," Kumpen said, "We know we will have the best tyres available this season, so this testing is very important."

Pirelli testing will continue at other race venues as the season draws closer.

Raceboy
27-01-2002, 16:19
oh ja de bron is crash.net. kwestie van geen " mens aan het werk" voor het hoofd te stoten :D