PDA

View Full Version : Dennis en Haug bedreigen Bernoldi

airco
27-05-2001, 23:11
According to reports, Mclaren team boss, Ron Dennis ‘bullied' Arrows driver Enrique Bernoldi after the completion of this afternoon's Monaco Grand Prix. Together with Mercedes boss, Norbert Haug, the duo were accused of being very aggressive and insinuating that they would end his career in Formula One if he ever held up one of their drivers again.

“Ron and Norbert came up to me after the race in the pit-lane and they were both very aggressive,” Bernoldi said. “They told me if you continue to drive in that sort of way again, you are not going to be in F1 for very long. I was very scared, they were very aggressive."

David Coulthard was caught behind the Arrows for almost half the race, the Scotsman unable to get past the A22 making it impossible for him to get back in the hunt for possible victory. While some say the rookie did a brilliant job defending his position on a circuit he has never raced on before, Dennis states that it was nothing more than a hindrance.

However, he has denied the Brazilian's claims that he threatened him in any way shape or form and insists that all he said was that in his opinion it was unsporting behaviour. According to Bernoldi, the team had instructed him to keep Coulthard behind him and Dennis has questioned the team's intentions behind the order, claiming they are just desperate for television coverage.

"That's rubbish. I said nothing of the sort. I have no influence over his career at all," said Dennis. " It was quite a while after the race when I talked to him and I was cool, calm and collected and I was not angry. I just told him that in my opinion it was unsporting behaviour as every time David made an attempt to overtake, he cut him off. You could argue its motor racing but in 15th position it is different when you are hampering a driver who is clearly faster and has the world championship at stake. I spoke to him only because I felt a driver contesting 15th place and was effectively chopping across a driver who was contesting a world championship was acceptable for a period of time, but the length of time it happened I think was unacceptable. When I told him I felt his behaviour was unsporting and not reflective of an attitude a young developing driver should be putting into his career, his response was he had been instructed to do so by the team. If that team is so desperate for television it has to resort to those strategies then you can question the behaviour of the team as a whole."

==> effie gekopieerd vanop F1-live!!!

No offence zene, mor als dit waar is, dan is dat wel zwaar schandalig!!!

Are you ready for the McLaren-Maffia?!?

==> laat dat bedreigen der nu nog af, dat ze gewoon een piloot gaan verwijten dat Bernoldi zijn plaats verdedigt!!! hebben ze dan bij Mclaren zo weinig racing gevoel????

Ze zouden beter hun tijd een beetje meer steken in het analyseren van hun eigen fouten, ipv van er te gaan zoeken bij een ander team!!!

airco

Mark
27-05-2001, 23:58
euhm, kan het niet zijn dat ie Coulthard last heeft van dunne kak in zijn broek........

Wat een mietje is dat, als het niet lukt meteen bij mama en papa gaan zeuren.

Ene Verstappen (blijft een foute vent, maar allez voor deze keer) kan wel inhalen op Monaco. Uitkomen van de tunnel heeft ie toch meerder inhaalpogingen gedaan....en succesvol.......

greetz
Mark

Finish
28-05-2001, 00:02
Verstappen lag aan de basis van Heidfeld z'n quit.
Maar zoals ik al zei, Verstappen presteert wanneer je het minst van hem verwacht.

Over dat Dennis-Haug-geval kan ik maar 1 ding opmerken: schandalig.

Er is al veel kritiek geleverd op Ferrari's politiek, maar McLaren heeft toch ook wel straffe stoten moet ik zeggen.

krikke
28-05-2001, 17:08
als de Ron je effe vasthoudt, en de Norbert geeft je dan een pakje slaag, dan ga je dat serieus voelen aankomen. Zeker de Norbert is een boom van een mens, als die zijn rechtse eens zwaait zwijgt denk ik de hele paddock. Arme Bernoldi.

airco
28-05-2001, 17:12
rofl @ krikke

Ferrari Forever
28-05-2001, 19:55
Ik zou anders Ross Brawn ook niet willen tegenkomen in het donker. Todt mag dan misschien minder bedreigend zijn qua postuur, Brawn telt zeker voor twee.
't zou misschien eens wat anders zijn : Brawn versus Haug in zo'n belachelijke WWF-match zoals Ka2 die uitzendt vlak voor elke Grote Prijs.
Ik zou in ieder geval kijken.

yvdp
28-05-2001, 20:29
Ze mor zeker. En Brawn zou nog winne ook.

Mark
28-05-2001, 22:21
Nou dat ken je die duitser nog niet. Je weet toch wanneer je van een duitser hebt gewonnen?.........................

Als ie twee meter onder de grond ligt!

greetz
Mark

yvdp
29-05-2001, 15:57
LOL