PDA

View Full Version : Loix bijna terug de oude

Werner333
12-02-2002, 20:35
Belgian Hyundai driver Freddy Loix believes that he can be fully fit in time for the Tour of Corsica, under two months after breaking an ankle when he crashed on the Monte Carlo Rally.

Loix underwent an operation on his ankle two days after the Monte smash, then stunned observers by forcing his Accent into the top six for much of the Swedish Rally, driving with his left foot in a plastic support.

“My target is to go to Corsica without crutches and to try to do the rally without protection round my ankle – but that we have to see. Try to drive without protection should mean I brake normally, with my foot in the normal place,” Loix said.

Corsica is likely to be a much more exacting test of his fitness than the Swedish, as tarmac roads will bring higher braking forces and more strain than the snow and ice he faced in Sweden, but Loix is keen to make the most of the new Accent WRC3 on its first appearance.

Bron: http://www.worldrallynews.com

Rallyloverke
13-02-2002, 09:45
Loix gaat naar een Top 6 in Corsica!

wilmai
13-02-2002, 10:16
Laten we met zijn allen duimen dat Freddy volledig fit en gezond kan deelnemen aan Corsica. Hoe sneller hij beter is, hoe meer feeling hij heeft met zijn nieuwe wagen.
Fast Freddy misschien weer eens in de gedaante van Fast Freddy.

Greetz
wilmai
www.corsa-racing.be

Bart
20-02-2002, 23:19
In the weeks between the Rally of Sweden and last Thursday when he began testing the Hyundai Accent WRC3 for the first time Freddy Loix has spent his day relaxing and concentrating on swimming exorcises to strength his injured foot. Loix broke his left foot at the season-opening Monte Carlo Rally and was forced to undergo surgery in the days following, but now he is on the road to recovery and hopes to be off crutches by the Tour de Corse (March 8 – 10).

Loix still has to wear a brace around his left foot, the same brace that he wore during the second event of the year, the Rally of Sweden, which saw him lying in fifth place before retiring from the rally when his Hyundai let him down, but the Belgian is hoping he will receive some good news from his doctor when he goes for a check-up on Friday. Hopefully a few days after visiting the doctor he can say goodbye to his crutches and brace and go to Corsica fit and able to fight for a few championship points for both himself and his team.

Loix said: “It's much better, the pain is gone. But I'll take no further risk. There was something broken and that takes some time to recover. I still have 3 weeks. I am seeing the doctor this Friday (22 February) who will advise whether I can begin walking on my foot. If he thinks it is strong enough I will spend the next week doing more exercise and practising walking, but until then I will keep using crutches."

=> rally-live

airco
21-02-2002, 00:08
Laat ons hopen dat Fast freddie zijn voet een beetje vergroeid blijft he, waardoor hij nog minder kan remmen. Dan wordt hij helemaal FAAAAAASSSSTTT freddie.

Nee ff serieus, ik hoop dat Loix het nu echt eens kan afmaken in een toprally. Eens winnen ofzo. Want als je 5e kan rijden met een gebroken voet, zit er meer in.

airco

Bart
24-02-2002, 22:58
Q: How is your foot at the moment?

"It's getting better and better. That's the main reason I'm in Belgium at the moment, because I am going to see the doctor who carried out the operations (after Monte Carlo). I feel OK. I am still not walking on it but I really feel I can do some cycling."

Q: Will you still be on crutches in Corsica?

"My target is to come to Corsica without crutches and my second aim is to drive in Corsica without my protection. I'm working flat out to arrive at that, but I don't know. That is the reason I am in Belgium to get permission from the doctor."

Q: Are you undergoing physiotherapy at the moment?

"Yes. Every day I do two hours of physio. I go to a place where we do some fitness. At the moment I do that lying down so there is no pressure on the foot. And I do a lot of work in the swimming pool, two hours every day."

Q: How did you find the Hyundai Accent WRC3 after last week's testing?

"I was very happy with the car because the engine feels much better. There is more power on the top and for me the biggest step we have been making is suspension wise."

Q: So are you feeling confident ahead of Corsica?

"Yes."

Q: What is it like working with team mate Armin Schwarz?

"I know Armin from my time at Toyota six years ago. It's good, I think he is a great help for the team because everyone knows that the Hyundai was not the best car on the tarmac, but I think that Armin and I have so much experience that we can really can do some good work on that side."

Q: With the build up to the season and your move to Hyundai, how frustrating was the accident at Monte Carlo?

"It was frustrating. It is always the driver's mistake, but actually what happened was that the car completely surprised me on a small bump so I lost a little bit of control in a stupid way, which is something that never happened before. Then just at that the moment I had to go to go over a bridge...

"I was more disappointed on the way out than on the accident itself. Of course we went to the hospital and I had a broken ankle... but the most scary thing for me was that I might not be able to do Sweden. But in the end I was happy when the doctor told me I was well enough to go to Sweden. Monte Carlo is a strange event. A lot of things are happening in Monte Carlo and it is the first rally, there is quite a lot of ice and snow."

Q: How difficult was it to drive with your injured foot in Sweden?

"I have to say the most difficult thing was the shakedown and maybe the first two stages of the rally. They tweaked some small settings on the position of the seating in the car and also the on the pedals for the brake. And when we went to the test stage I had a very good feeling and it was good. So it's not that difficult. I mean the most difficult thing was the first two stages. But it was more a mental thing because I had been home for seven days and the only thing I did was just lying down and resting with my foot in the air. Resting without testing was more of a difficult mental thing than the pain in my foot."

Q: The stages in Corsica are very tight and twisty. Will this affect your foot?

"If I have to drive with my protection that will not be easy because I was missing a little bit of feeling in my foot in Sweden. At the end of the rally I was getting used to that feeling. At the moment I can drive without protection and that will be much easier."

Q: Have you set yourself any aims for this year's championship?

"To be honest no, because nobody knew exactly how quick the car should develop in the next few months, the first few rallies will be the most difficult ones. Corsica will be the third one so we will see. Everything depends on how quickly we develop the car. I have an aim for the year in my head, but would like to keep it in my head!"

Q: What is your favourite event in the world championship?

"Australia. I really like the stages and I also like the organisation of the event. It is a nice country, a lot of things together really."

Q: Who in your opinion will be this year's world rally champion?

"I think Tommi. I have been driving with him for three years with Mitsubishi and it is clear to me he is one of the best drivers I have been working with. I think that at the moment he also has a good car, so two very good combinations together."

Q: You had a very bad accident in Corsica a few years ago. Does this play on your mind ahead of an event, or is it something you can easily forget about?

"You know, I have had a few horrible accidents so I'm not thinking anymore about them! You always have to remember the nice things so in Sweden my last rally I will keep with that memory."

Q: Do you have a favourite Internet site?

"The best web site I have seen is the one for my fan club! (www.freddyloix.com). We have the biggest fan club in Belgium. A few times a year we organise something in Belgium like a football game or a BBQ where have a lot of fans coming together. A lot of people come to the events too which is good."

bron: www.freddyloix.com (http://www.freddyloix.com)

Raceboy
24-02-2002, 23:05
laten we hopen dat hij in corsica kan laten zien wat die Hyundai waart is in evo 3 versie.

Beemer
03-03-2002, 18:05
Loix zal in de komende rally's wel laten zien wat hij waard is, als de auto het natuurlijk niet teveel laat afweten en het gebrek aan power een beetje gecompenseerd is.
In ieder geval hoop ik hier wel op, want als Loix terug de echte "Fast Freddy" wordt, dan is het eindelijk gedaan met die mensen die beweren da Limburgers traag zijn :D