PDA

View Full Version : HOT: Newey naar Jaguar!

TiBo
01-06-2001, 09:25
Jaguar Racing signs Adrian Newey!
''This has not been an easy decision for me.''

Adrian Newey

Jaguar Racing have just announced that Adrian Newey will join the company in the position of Chief Technical Officer at the Milton Keynes based outfit. Adrian is currently the Technical Director at McLaren International and will join Jaguar Racing from August 2002. Jaguar Racing's Chief Operating Officer and Team Principal, Bobby Rahal, is delighted at having his long-standing friend and former race engineer coming to join him in the challenge of taking Jaguar Racing to the top of Formula One.

"I'm thrilled at the prospect of having Adrian on- board in what promises to be a very exciting period for Jaguar in Formula One,” Rahal remarked. “We go back many years to our days together in Indy cars and our friendship has certainly played a key role in making this happen. Design teams led by Adrian have created six of the Formula One cars that have won the Constructors' and the Drivers' World Championship in the last nine years with an average win rate of 50%. His influence has dominated the last decade of the first century of motor racing and this new chapter with Jaguar Racing will provide Adrian with an opportunity to take one of the most emotive names in motor racing to the status of Formula One World Champions. I have always said that we needed the best people to take us into championship contention and you don't get any better than Adrian Newey. He is, in my opinion, the man responsible for generating more speed in F1 than any driver or engine out there. The art of aerodynamics is critical to a team's success and the arrival of Adrian at Jaguar Racing will leave us short of nothing in that department."

Newey admitted that the decision to leave McLaren was not an easy one to make, his four years with the Woking team being both productive and enjoyable. He has paid tribute to his collegauges in the team, however he is looking forward to working with his close friend Bobby Rahal once again. Adrian has also pledged his support to McLaren until the end of his current contract.

"This has not been an easy decision for me to make," commented Adrian Newey. "I have enjoyed hugely my four years to date at McLaren and take great satisfaction from the success that we as a team have achieved. Moreover, this success has been combined with forming many lasting friendships within the team especially with Ron (Dennis) and Martin (Whitmarsh). I would also like to pay tribute to my engineering colleagues at McLaren and Mario Illien at Ilmor Engineering, without whom this success would not have been possible. But, in the end the prospect of working once again with my close friend, Bobby, whom I have known since 1984 at March Racing, combined with the prospect of the exciting challenge that Jaguar Racing offers proved irresistible. In the meantime I have a job to do and I will continue to be fully committed to McLaren in our bid to win races and World Championships."

"This is great news for Jaguar Racing and we are obviously delighted at pulling off something of this magnitude,” added Niki Lauda, Chairman of the Premier Performance Division. “We have always been deadly serious about our F1 ambitions and this goes quite some way to proving our commitment to winning."

Finish
01-06-2001, 10:38
Jawadde.

Maar ik gaan direct een beke den 'ambetante' uithangen en ik geloof niet dat McLaren door het vertrek van Newey zal gaan onderdoen aan de concurrentie. Misschien op zeer lange termijn, maar volgend seizoen merk je daar denk ik nog niks van.

En Jaguar volgend jaar aan de top ? hmmmmm.....don't think so...
McLaren was reeds op de goeie weg terug toen ze Newey aannomen. Jaguar lijkt mij niet op de énorm goeie weg te zitten, het voorbije weekend buiten beschouwing gelaten.

TiBo
01-06-2001, 10:50
Newey is de "Shaman" der F1 designers en Cosworth moet zo stillaan een goede krachtbron gaan produceren. Bob Rahall is voor veel geld uit de VS gehaald en Niki Lauda geeft zich volledig.
Volgens mij is het mogelijk, ... maar niet voor 2003.

Ik kan mij echter niet voorstellen dat in het "nieuwe Jaguar" Irvine en De La Rosa lang op post blijven.

Na nog een jaar BAR en McLaren lijken Villeneuve en Coulthard me wel een optie.

airco
01-06-2001, 11:34
wat erger is voor McLaren is dat er ondertussen al massa's know how zullen doorgesluisd zijn naar Jaguar!!!

en believe me zene, newey zal zijn invloed wel iets rapper laten voelen!!!

airco

Newey
01-06-2001, 14:44
Bericht wordt al weer tegen gesprokken door McLaren International.

airco
01-06-2001, 16:15
begrijpen wie begrijpen kan!!!

anyway, goed voor de rust binnen McLaren zal het zeker en vast niet zijn!!! is zien wat dir nog gaat geven!!

airco

Mark
01-06-2001, 19:57
staat in de autosport van deze week.........zal wel waar wezen dus...............

maaruh, normaal is het eerste ontwerp van Newey meteen raak........

greetz,
Mark

gaat die een-oor weer met de poet ervandoor

Newey
01-06-2001, 20:24
Woking, UK, June 1, 2001, 17.00 BST: Adrian Newey has confirmed his commitment to stay at McLaren for a period of three years beyond the terms of his existing contract, which expires in August 2002.
West McLaren Mercedes and Adrian very much regret the confusion, which will have been caused by the statements released earlier today. However, both parties are delighted to continue this successful relationship which has developed over the past four years. During the extended term of Adrian’s contract with the team, he will remain Technical Director responsible for the design of the 2002 and 2003 cars. It is anticipated that during this time Adrian and the team will evaluate other sporting technical challenges, which they may pursue in the future.

It is now very much the priority of Adrian and the team to concentrate on winning more races and the Championship in 2001, whilst making the best preparation for the 2002 campaign.

Ron Dennis, Chairman & CEO, TAG McLaren Group: ‘Clearly Adrian has been looking for fresh challenges, he has now concluded that we can provide them from within our organisation. I know how competitive Adrian is and I am very comfortable that he will continue to apply his usual energy to our programme.’

Adrian Newey, Technical Director, McLaren International: ‘Whilst I am delighted to confirm my intention to remain at McLaren International and recognise that there are many exciting opportunities ahead, I regret any speculation which has been caused by my conversations with my good friend Bobby Rahal. I appreciate that I came very close to working with him again and have agonised over this decision. I informed him of my decision to remain at McLaren some time prior to the release issued this morning by Jaguar Racing but I understand that the mechanisms of this release made it impossible to stop and I am sorry for any embarrassment that it will have caused to my friends at Jaguar and McLaren.’

tsjolder
01-06-2001, 21:01
Toen Newey van Williams naar McLaren ging, kon de auto die de wereldkampioen leverde plots niet meer mee en was de McLaren plots veruit de beste auto. Volgend jaar zou het mij nie verwonderen dat McLaren nie meer meekan en als Jaguar nu nog een toppiloot binnenhaalt, zie ik ze al volgend jaar races winnen. Newey is het genie van de f1.

airco
02-06-2001, 00:23
After the bizzarre events of today in which Jaguar Racing announced that car designing genius Adrian Newey would be joining the team in late 2002 only for Newey's current employer, McLaren, to refute the claims, the Jaguar team has responded.

After this morning's announcement McLaren were prompt to respond saying that Newey had in fact extended his contract with the McLaren team and that he would not be going to Jaguar.

However this evening the Jaguar Racing team issued another statement saying, "Jaguar Racing signed a contract with Adrian Newey in good faith. In light of McLaren's statement this afternoon it is, therefore a matter for further discussion

==> begrijpen wie begrijpen kan zene!!!

/me kan nimmeer volgen

airco

Oneliner
02-06-2001, 20:54
Newey blijft bij mclaren en zal volgend jaar terug een kampioenenauto op poten zetten, da denk ik :)

Werner333
03-06-2001, 18:01
Ik denk dat hier een paar avocaten weer rijk gaan mee worden.
Enne het is bij Ferrari dat ze de kampioenen auto bouwen he.:D :D :D

yvdp
03-06-2001, 19:11
Khoop het toch tenminste. Misschien zit de kampioenen auto dees jaar toch bij McLaren. Ge weet nooit wat er kan gebeuren in zo'n f1 sizoen. Als Coulthard een paar racekes goe zijn best doe en Schumi heeft een beetje tegenslag. Ne groten achterstand is zo ingelopen. Zie maar naar vorig jaar toen Mika er op een gegeven moment een stuk of 25 achterstond en toch nog voor heeft gestaan. Maar ja, Coulthard is genen Mika hé.

Allé, ik wil maar zeggen da het nog ni zo zeker is da de kampioenenauto dees jaar bij ferrari zit.

Sennake
03-06-2001, 23:01
Klopt.
Theoretisch kan zelfs Williams nog wereldkampioen worden...

Laskaat
03-06-2001, 23:58
Amaai zeg Guy, gij zijt toch ne krak hoor! Ik bekijk deze berichtjes zondagavond 3/06 om 23u54 en jij hebt het vorige berichtje gepost op 4/06 om 00u1*LOL*:)

Finish
04-06-2001, 00:06
Jaguar boss says McLaren designer has to join the Big Cat. Saga set to run and run

Titel op autosport.com

Dit wordt een serieus verhaal. Naar het schijnt is er een legaal contract getekend ??

airco
04-06-2001, 00:30
yups, da beweert Jaguar toch!!!

en in dat geval gaan der nen hoop advocaten rijk van worden zene!!

airco

Sennake
04-06-2001, 11:53
Ik snap niet hoe zo'n situatie kan ontstaan eh!

Finish
04-06-2001, 12:35
Die Newey heeft waarschijnlijk op dezelfde dag 2 contracten gekregen en dat van Jaguar zag er lekker uit.

Maar toen kwam McLaren en die bieden weer meer, dus dan teken je daar. En nu is Jaguar kwaad :) Simpel toch ? lol

airco
04-06-2001, 12:56
ja in de situatie dat finish uitlegt, zal em toch bij Jaguar gaan werken zene!! tenzij em contractbreuk pleegt!!!

2e contract wordt dan altijd ongeldig verklaart he!!!

airco

Sennake
04-06-2001, 18:08
Een contract kan ALTIJD afgekocht worden met (veel) geld eh...
De vraag is alleen : HOEVEEL heeft McLaren er voor over om Newey bij het team te houden?

Ferrari Forever
05-06-2001, 21:17
'k vraag me af wat Newey er nu eigenlijk bij wint om te ontkennen dat hij een contract bij Jaguar heeft getekend ? Hoopt hij misschien op die manier een contractenoorlog te ontketenen en zo zijn marktwaarde op te drijven ?

Ferrari Forever
05-06-2001, 21:22
Als Jaguar er in slaagt , dan zetten ze in ieder geval al weer een hele stap vooruit. Irvine zei na Monaco dat het nieuwe aerodynamica-pakket op zijn Jaguar de grootste vooruitgang ooit in zijn hele carriere was. Als daar dan volgend jaar nog een gast als Newey bijkomt , dan zouden we volgend jaar wel eens vier eens een strijd tussen vier merken kunnen hebben die in aanspraak zouden kunnen komen voor de titel. Laat Newey dus maar snel zwichten voor de poen van 'The cat' , dan wordt het onderonsje Mclaren , Ferrari (en in mindere mate bmw) misschien eindelijk doorbroken.

airco
05-06-2001, 22:12
ik denk dat er nog wel wat meer nodig is zene bij Jaguar!!!

Daaarbij denk ik eerst en vooral aan tijd!!!

airco

Werner333
05-06-2001, 22:49
En denk dan ook maar eens aan een motor voor die Jaguar.:p

Sennake
06-06-2001, 09:19
En aan een klasse-piloot!

Modena
07-06-2001, 12:57
Newey blijft bij McLaren: hij is de F1 beu en mag van McLaren over een paar jaar aan een zeilboot beginnen bouwen! Slim van McLaren: zo blijft hun know-how veilig en kan niemand anders profiteren van Newey's talenten. Zo hebben ze het trouwens ook al gespeeld met Gordon Murray.
Pech voor 'the cat' maar ze zullen daar een andere trukendoos moeten opentrekken!