PDA

View Full Version : zal DC 'gekicked' worden?

HHugo
17-06-2002, 17:12
David Coulthard has been advised to quit McLaren – and join F1 newcomers Toyota.

Former McLaren star John Watson believes Coulthard’s days at the team are numbered because Ron Dennis sees Kimi Raikkonen as the future of the team.

Watson reckons Coulthard should jump before he is pushed. And he believes Toyota would be the ideal destination as they have the resources to compete with the very best.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "I've been told DC won't be at McLaren next year and Toyota is a team going places. I think it would be the right move for him.

"Just as McLaren brought in Mika Hakkinen when they knew Ayrton Senna might be on his way out, so they have brought in Kimi this year to be tutored. David is there as cannon-fodder for Kimi. He's not the future for McLaren, Kimi is.

"David could get an excellent three-year contract with a team that has a real chance of becoming a major player in F1. I reckon Toyota will be the biggest threat to all the top teams in the next three years because they have the horsepower and the budget."

Watson added that Coulthard has never been truly accepted at McLaren.

He said: "David has always been like the adopted son, rather than the natural child at McLaren. He knows he is there to do a job and that's it. There's no human relationship with Ron.

"I respect the way Ron runs his team, but he is totally pragmatic. I sometimes think the team has a lemon in their mouths. They never smile.

"Ron is actually a very generous man, but he wants to be seen to be tough and in a business context he is. He learned his lesson on money with Senna. He realised he paid him far too much and should have spent that money on the development of the car."

A resurgent Coulthard has taken 16 points from the last two races.

Watson said: "In these last two races he has clearly shown that given the chance he can get the job done.

"I thought his win at Monaco was his best ever.

"But he's been at McLaren too long and I have to wonder what he's going to do for the rest of his career."

bronnen: www.itv-f1.com
www.dailyF1.com
www.f1-live.com

Mario
17-06-2002, 20:18
Tja, zou kunnen, maar wie gaat er in de plaats komen ?

Aankomend talent is goed, maar het zou het best toch iemand moeten zijn met heel wat ervaring vind ik (Heidfeld ? ;) )

FleaBite
17-06-2002, 20:21
Hakkinen? ze zijn al bezig met nieuwe helmen voor hem te maken, dus ik denk dattie zich al klaar aan het maken is

Hakki
17-06-2002, 20:23
Originally posted by FleaBite
Hakkinen? ze zijn al bezig met nieuwe helmen voor hem te maken, dus ik denk dattie zich al klaar aan het maken is
en waar hebde gij da geleze/gehoord?

FleaBite
17-06-2002, 22:04
op 't forum van f1gamers.com (http://www.f1gamers.com). Nu, ik weet ook niet of dit klopt, want er kunnen daar al es dimwits rondlopen, die ik dan klakkeloos geloof ;)

airco
17-06-2002, 22:07
ach roddelroddel
wist er dan niemand dat ik net terugkom van Woking van mijn onderhandelingen voor een stoeltje in 2003 ...
ben ik dan nu een kandidaat voor 2003 bij McLaren te rijden ... volgens de roddelpers misschien wel.

vincentdb2001
17-06-2002, 22:23
In "De Standaard" van een paar dagen geleden, stond er een artiekel waarin men zij dat Villeneuve voor een "top team" zou willen rijden.
Zou hij bij McLaren kunnen gaan rijden?

airco
17-06-2002, 22:41
tja die roddels zijn er al van het eerste seizoen dat hij bij BAR zat.
Persoonlijk zie ik het nog niet zo snel gebeuren. Ik zie een rebels iemand als Villeneuve nog niet direct aan de slag gaan in een renstal met strenge regels.

yvdp
17-06-2002, 23:17
Wie wil er nu niet bij een topteam rijden????

DJ Scorpio
18-06-2002, 07:38
Iedereen wil bij een topteam rijden maar ik zie de link tussen topteam en McLaren niet... :confused:

Moest het nu nog over ferrari gaan :p

Bart.Vandecavey
18-06-2002, 09:20
Sorry maar ik denk persoonlijk niet dat ze Hakkinen en Raikonen in eenzelfde team zullen steken... Wat hebben die 2 nu van publicitaire complementariteit, het zijn gewoon tweelingbroers...

Het is nooit goed om in een Engels team met Duitse motoren 2 finnen te hebben, waarom niet Heidfeld (toekomstgericht werken) of Villeneuve (om ne keer aan Swa en en dien anderen van hun ongelijk te bewijzen)...

Alain
18-06-2002, 09:51
Zal mij eerlijk gezegd worst wezen of ie al dan niet vliegt en in case you haven't noticed...it's silly season!!!

Bart.Vandecavey
18-06-2002, 09:56
Niets is toch zo leuk als speculeren in silly season, vind dit de tofste periode in een F1-seizoen!