PDA

View Full Version : minardi -ferrari ????

Raceboy
05-09-2002, 18:40
Ferrari offers engines to Minardi F1 minnow seeks cash for Maranello power
Martini and Minardi-Ferrari head for fourth in 1991 San Marino GP

Ferrari has given Minardi the chance to use its customer engines in 2003, provided the F1 tailender can source the funds to pay for them.

The price for a supply of 2002-spec engines from the world champion team - which could transform Minardi's fortunes - is said to be £15 million. Minardi boss Paul Stoddart has until the end of this month to consider the deal.

"We dream of having Ferrari engines," said Stoddart, "but they are in business and we need to raise the funds."

If the cash to fund Ferrai motors proves elusive, Minardi is likely to use Cosworth power, which is cheaper. It is unlikely to renew its current arrangement with Asiatech.

We dream of having Ferrari engines

Paul Stoddart

Stoddart has also confiremd that Briton Justin Wislon is in the frame to take a race seat with the team next year. "I do take things personally," said Stoddart, "and I feel that I owe Justin something for him not fitting in our car. I feel he is a talent that has yet to be unleashed in F1."

Wilson's manager, former F1 racer Jonathan Palmer, is also optimistic about his charge's chances. "We are about halfway there with our budget," he said.

Read this week's Autosport, on sale today, for more.

bron: autosport.com

ola die van ferrari zijn zo ineens een beetje toffe gasten geworden in mijn opinie :)

Finish
05-09-2002, 20:10
Wat F1 momenteel zeker nodig heeft is een underdog die eventjes komt meespelen in de puntenpakkerij. Een Minardi in strijd met een Sauber, Jordan of Renault ? Waarom ook niet ? Het aërodynamische pakket kan toch niet al té slecht zijn wanneer ze soms voor de Jaguars kwalificeren en kunnen strijden met de Arrows. Nu nog een Wilson en natuurlijk een toptalent zoals Saelens en wie weet ;)

TiBo
05-09-2002, 22:57
Minardi heeft echter noch de piloten, noch de technische staf om zo'n project te doen draaien.
Gustav Bruner hebben ze verloren aan Toyota en Webber gaat naar Jaguar. Wie gaat die wagen ontwikkelen? Yoong?

Misschien moet Minardi wel vanaf 0 beginnen: nieuwe designer in de vorm van Sergio Rinland (indien exit Arrows), Ferrari-krachtbron en Saelens en Massa.
Als dat er ooit doorkomt, ben ik de eerste om met een Minardi-petje rond te lopen!