PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Lauda

HHugo
26-11-2002, 18:12
LAUDA SACKED BY JAGUAR!

Niki Lauda has confirmed he has been asked to step down from his role as Jaguar team boss.

The former three-times world champion was speaking ahead of a press conference that has been called in London today to announce the change.

The Austrian was quoted by the BBC as saying: "I am surprised by this decision that was made last night."

Lauda is the third boss to leave the team since its inception in 2000, following on from Neil Ressler, Bobby Rahal. .

Lauda is the latest casualty of the cull at Jaguar which has seen drivers Eddie Irvine and Pedro de la Rosa shown the door. The team also confirmed job cuts last week. Between 40 and 60 staff will be made redundant in an effort to slash costs.

bron: www.itv-f1.com

HHugo
26-11-2002, 18:15
PARRY-JONES: CHANGE WAS NEEDED

Ford bigwig Richard Parry-Jones says that the need ‘for a change of management philosophy’ was behind the decision to remove Niki Lauda as Jaguar Racing boss.

Parry-Jones made the announcement in a press conference in London today alongside long-time Ford stalwart Jackie Stewart. A replacement has yet to be named for Lauda and Stewart’s role in proceedings seemed largely to be to provide moral support.

Parry-Jones is Ford’s Group Vice President of Product Development and is responsible for looking after the Jaguar F1 team for his employer. He says that the decision to replace Lauda was part of his comprehensive technical review of the team.

He said: "The key to competitiveness more and more is technical competence and that calls for a change in the management philosophy

"Niki Lauda is relinquishing his role as head of Jaguar Racing. I have asked Niki to become a senior special advisor to me and I very much hope he will accept.

"There is nothing specific that Niki has done wrong but it is difficult to understand technical issues if you do not have that technical competence yourself. And if you do not get the technical part right, it doesn't matter if you get all the rest right.

"But I have enormous respect for Niki Lauda and would like to thank him for all the work he has done to date in building up the team."

It is unclear if Lauda will take up the role but it’s likely that the Austrian will not want to go on working under Parry-Jones.

Tony Purnell, the founder of Pi electronics, has been confirmed as the new boss of the Premier Performance division, which encompasses Jaguar Racing, Cosworth and Pi. This was another of Lauda’s role.

Parry-Jones added: "We need to have a laser beam focus on racing success. This has not been an easy decision. The less controversial route would have been to maintain the status quo, especially as we have shown signs of improvement recently.

"We recognise that the role of team principal is a vital position and we do not intend to keep it vacant for too long.

"There have been many false starts in the short history of Jaguar Racing and the biggest issue was the lack of a robust technical department. This new set-up will take time to deliver results but Ford Motor Cars are committed to seeing this through step-by-step."

Talking about Purnell, Parry Jones said: "He has a pretty low profile but he has an interesting track record. He is not an outside appointment. He has an intimate knowledge of the team and he will bring continuity."

bron: www.itv-f1.com

Beemer
26-11-2002, 18:17
Na dit ronduit slecht seizoen voor Jaguar was dit wel te verwachten.

joost
26-11-2002, 19:12
Gelezen op teletekst:
De Formule 1-renstal Jaguar heeft zijn
teambaas Niki Lauda ontslagen. De
Oostenrijker was pas sinds februari
vorig jaar in dienst bij het team.

Lauda werd aanvankelijk aangetrokken
als adviseur, maar volgde na een half
jaar de Amerikaan Bobby Rahal op als
teammanager. Onder leiding van Lauda
beëindigde Jaguar het seizoen op een
teleurstellende zevende plaats bij de
constructeurs. Bovendien zou zijn loon
een zware last geweest zijn voor Jaguar

"Ik ben verrast door deze beslissing",
liet Lauda weten in een eerste reactie.
De 53-jarige oud-wereldkampioen zou wel
kunnen aanblijven als speciaal adviseur

airco
26-11-2002, 20:01
ik durf me toch wel afvragen of dit een verstandige beslissing is van Jaguar.

De laatste races was er immers een positieve trend te bespeuren in de prestaties van Jaguar. Bovendien zorgt nog een managerwissel niet echt voor continuiteit binnen het team.

airco

Finish
27-11-2002, 00:36
Verstandig ? Niet echt. Lauda lijkt me helemaal niet verantwoordelijk voor de problemen bij Jaguar. Een manklopend team in 1-2-3 terug op de goeie baan krijgen, is maar voor weinigen weggelegd. Zoiets gebeurt op lange termijn, en Lauda leek me best op weg te zijn naar betere tijden. Heel Jaguar trouwens. Webber en Pizzonia, waarom ook niet ? Maar Lauda weg ? :no:

Jan
27-11-2002, 09:44
Helemaal mee eens.

jan

Rallyloverke
27-11-2002, 10:24
Zou het niet gewoon een geldkwestie kunnen zijn : de duurder betaalde mensen eruit?

airco
27-11-2002, 11:44
ok, maar de vraag is of deze overhaaste beslissing op termijn niet meer geld kost. Het lijkt me aannemelijk dat de nieuwe baas ook tijd nodig zal hebben om zich in te werken.

In die periode is hij niet echt productief en heeft jaguar geen bekwame leiding. Hoe een team in zo een onzekere staat kan presteren.

minder presteren = minder inkomsten ==> grotere geldproblemen

kortom straatje zonder einde. Bovendien mag het loon van Lauda (hoe hoog het ook is) niet echt een probleem zijn voor een krachtige groep als Ford.

airco

Megane
27-11-2002, 16:45
Solden bij Ford.

Lauda
Mc Rae
Sainz

Is het crisis? of zo :mad: