View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 00:05
You'll never walk alone

Dit lijkt me een vrij goeie samenvatting van de hele saga ... toch nog een paar opmerkingen:

---------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
* McLaren kan aantonen, bevestigd door een extern buro, dat dit document nooit van invloed is geweest op het ontwerp of modificaties van de huidige McLaren. Het document is nooit aanwezig geweest binnen het netwerk van McLaren;
Dat het nooit van invloed is geweest is nogal dubieus om te besluiten ... Misschien moeten we hiervoor eens op zoek gaan naar de mening van een andere team-manager in de F1 (Flavio Briatore)

Quote:
"When we started developing the car for 2007 we maybe underestimated the big technical impact there would have been with the coming of Bridgestone as sole tyre supplier in place of Michelin," Briatore was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"For me it was unquestionable that Ferrari, after many years with Bridgestone, would have had an advantage.

"But had I only known Ferrari's weight distribution, or how big their tank is, if I had a bit of those documents, then we surely wouldn't be in this situation today. We would certainly have gained in performance.

"When everything is played within one tenth of a second, any information on your rivals, even if partial, is important.

bron : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61334
------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
* Coughlan verzuimde om zijn team in te lichten;

Dit klopt niet volledig.
McLaren was weldegelijk op de hoogte dat Coughlan documenten had gekregen van Stepney ...
Uit de lijst van "suspicious" elementen die zijn meegenomen WMSC:

Quote:
There are a number of suspicious elements, all of which the World Motor Sport Council took into account when reaching its decision.

For example: the claim that the tip-off was the only information that passed in March; the failure to inform Ferrari of a spy when negotiating an agreement based on mutual trust; the installation of a "firewall" at McLaren to stop Stepney communicating, with no attempt at a similar block on Coughlan's private computers; McLaren's agreement to Coughlan travelling to Barcelona "to ask Stepney to stop communicating" rather than simply phone him; the fact that, far from ceasing communication, Coughlan returned from Barcelona with a vast quantity of Ferrari data; the failure to make clear what Coughlan was working on at McLaren while in possession of the data; Jonathan Neale's advice to Coughlan to destroy the documents, without knowing or wanting to know what they were and so on.

bron : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61244
Als de Managing Director van McLaren een advies geeft aan Coughlan over deze zaak ... dan zijn ze wel degelijk op de hoogte.

De vraag is dan waarom ze noch de FIA, noch Ferrari hiervan hebben ingelicht.

nogmaals de bedenkingen van Flavio Briatore hierover:

Quote:
"If he (Ron Dennis) knew there were those papers around, he should have informed Jean Todt about it immediately. And the federation.

"Dennis says he's immaculate, but it's hard to believe him. No, I don't believe in his good faith. In a team everyone knows everything. Especially if the dossier - let's call it that - in question is at that level."