- Direct Access -
De Paddock Modelbouw Forum
De Paddock Autosport Forum

Go Back   De Paddock > Autosport > Endurance
Home
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar F1 Prono Today's Posts Links

Old 03-08-2005, 09:31
De Paddock Enthousiast

In beroep gaan heeft echter niet veel zin want ja, niet aangesloten is niet aangesloten hé. Natuurlijk voel je je er niet goed bij als je team na zo'n zware wedstrijd gediskwalificeert wordt maar ik hou me recht aan het feit dat GLPK Carsport voor mij nog altijd het vierde is gëeindigd.

Mvg...
Old 03-08-2005, 10:00
De Paddock Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomaske_GLPK
In beroep gaan heeft echter niet veel zin want ja, niet aangesloten is niet aangesloten hé. Natuurlijk voel je je er niet goed bij als je team na zo'n zware wedstrijd gediskwalificeert wordt maar ik hou me recht aan het feit dat GLPK Carsport voor mij nog altijd het vierde is gëeindigd.

Mvg...
Sympathiek antwoord.

Laten we even terug down to earth komen mbt de diskwalificatie van de GLPK Corvette want Feit & Fictie de grens is hier lijkt me flinterdun.

Maar GLPK is dus gediskwalificeerd en hun reactie hierop lijkt me erg onsportief overkomen...Is dat de spirit van een sportman ???

Zich geviseerd voelen...Oké daar kan ik inkomen maar tussen voelen en of het echt waar is is weer die grens Feit/Fictie...

GLPK beraad zich over een eventuele terugtrekking uit het FIA GT kampioenschap...

Dat zou juist toegeven zijn aan diegene die GLPK viseren...
Analoog : Wegblijven uit Londen na de Terreuraanslagen is ook toegeven aan diegene die de onze democratische vrijheden viseren...

Voor mij rest me aan GLPK maar een advies: Go out there en vecht voor die overwinning; vechten tegen (vermeend) onrecht !!! Laat zien dat wij Belgen ons niet laten kleineren door een paar FIA officials (als dit al het geval mag zijn)

Maar: is GLPK wel een waardige Vlaamse Leeuw of is Limburgse Wezel die zich liever terugtrekken in het eigen Zolder (wat gezien de affilatie Kumpen/GLPK/Zolder/24u enigsinds te begrijpen valt) maar toch een merkwaardige reactie die ik kon optekenen van Kumpen nog voor de Finish in Spa. Hij liet al uitschijnen dat hij de Dubbel Oschersleben/Zolder niet zou rijden...Toch wel een beetje een contradictie met de kreten die ik GLPK bij aanvang van hun Corvette avontuur liet optekenen waarin men zeker de Dubbel zou doen.

En nog opmerkelijk. Bert Longin gaat zeker de dubbel doen én Kumpen eventueel niet...(Dat is het verhaal van die affilatie)
Als we even Extrapoleren... Volgens mij zijn het de sponsors langs Kumpen/GLPK die eerder de Limburgse Wezels zijn en Bert Longin de Vlaamse Leeuw...
Kan me eigenlijk niet voorstellen dat Longin FIA GT niet wil verderzetten.
Old 03-08-2005, 13:06
Administrator

Location: Oud-turnhout in het weekend en Antwerpen in de week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomaske_GLPK
We winnen in de Belcar met de Viper alle races
eeem?

don't think so

Old 03-08-2005, 13:20
De Paddock Rookie

Met betrekking tot onze disqualificatie in Spa stuurden wij ter onzer verdediging volgende brief naar de FIA:

Date: 3rd August 2005
To: Federation Internationale de l’Automobile
Attn: Mr. Eduardo Freitas
Subject: GLPK disqualification from Spa 24 Hours

Dear Mr. Freitas,

We feel very disappointed by the disqualification of our car from the Spa 24 Hours last weekend. The decision to take us out of the final results seems to be a very severe one.
We duly admit that we have made a mistake. On Saturday morning after the warm-up we changed the battery in the car on which the FIA logger is mounted, so it got unplugged. After this was changed it was simply forgotten to put the connector back on the logger. I’m absolutely sure that you and the stewards of the meeting understood that there was no ‘cheating’ involved with this.
We decided not to file an appeal against this decision, but we would like to point out some issues in our defense.

1. Article 60.7 (parc ferme) and Article 61.2 point out that an official representative of the team is to be present when checks are being made. This was not the case. When I arrived in parc ferme I found the car with the masterswitch activated and the battery box removed (to acces the data logger). Mr. Vinatier confirmed me that the Mahtech engineer present already attempted to download data from the data logger.

2. We presented to the stewards of the meeting the possibility to make available all data logged by our own system. In this way the same data was available and we feel we comply with the ‘spirit’ of the regulations.

3. This system basically serves to check airboxpressure during driving and to have a performance comparison between the different cars. We passed the airbox stall test (for the 30th time this season). So our own data could well be used to serve as a comparison against the Maserati’s, Aston Martins and Ferrari’s. And even if this data was not available, how can the error we made be severe enough to disqualify us from a 24 hour race in our own country?

4. Article 61.1 points out that cars eligible to take part in the GT1 category MUST be equiped with this device. In Spa there were SEVERAL GT1 cars which did not carry the data logger. In the regulations it says nowhere that one-time entrants do not need to install the logger and I could not find back any FIA bulletins that some cars were exempted from this rule. Why were no measures taken against this?

5. I understood from the explanations from the stewards that the fact that we got an official warning in Monza played a role in the decision on Sunday. I remind you that at that time we didn’t have a data logger in the car, simply because the company that the FIA appoints to deliver these systems to the teams was not able to provide us with a system in time.

From the beginning of the season we have been checked extensively by the scrutineers. We have always been as cooperative as possible as it serves us no good that people seem to think we are cheating. Now we have been disqualified because of an issue which has nothing to do with cheating. This happened in the most important race of the season and in our own country. You can imagine the critisism we had to take in the press the last couple of days.
This will probably have an effect with our financial partners as we are discussing projects for 2006. On top of that our hopes to challenge for this year’s championship title have been destroyed by now.

We feel very bad about this situation and we have no idea how to undo the damage. For me personally GLPK Carsport finished 4th in this year’s 24 Hours of Spa. The technical crew and the drivers did a magnificent job, in any case put some excitement in the later stages of the race. I’m sure we will start the rest of the season with at least as much dedication to win races. I just hope that we can change the thinking of those people in the FIA and the other teams who believe that we are achieving our performance in a dishonnest way.

I remain open for any feedback you might have.

Sincerely Yours,

Jorge Segers
Teammanager GLPK-Carsport
Old 03-08-2005, 14:13
De Paddock Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segers Jorge
Met betrekking tot onze disqualificatie in Spa stuurden wij ter onzer verdediging volgende brief naar de FIA:

Date: 3rd August 2005
To: Federation Internationale de l’Automobile
Attn: Mr. Eduardo Freitas
Subject: GLPK disqualification from Spa 24 Hours

Dear Mr. Freitas,

We feel very disappointed by the disqualification of our car from the Spa 24 Hours last weekend. The decision to take us out of the final results seems to be a very severe one.
We duly admit that we have made a mistake. On Saturday morning after the warm-up we changed the battery in the car on which the FIA logger is mounted, so it got unplugged. After this was changed it was simply forgotten to put the connector back on the logger. I’m absolutely sure that you and the stewards of the meeting understood that there was no ‘cheating’ involved with this.
We decided not to file an appeal against this decision, but we would like to point out some issues in our defense.

1. Article 60.7 (parc ferme) and Article 61.2 point out that an official representative of the team is to be present when checks are being made. This was not the case. When I arrived in parc ferme I found the car with the masterswitch activated and the battery box removed (to acces the data logger). Mr. Vinatier confirmed me that the Mahtech engineer present already attempted to download data from the data logger.

2. We presented to the stewards of the meeting the possibility to make available all data logged by our own system. In this way the same data was available and we feel we comply with the ‘spirit’ of the regulations.

3. This system basically serves to check airboxpressure during driving and to have a performance comparison between the different cars. We passed the airbox stall test (for the 30th time this season). So our own data could well be used to serve as a comparison against the Maserati’s, Aston Martins and Ferrari’s. And even if this data was not available, how can the error we made be severe enough to disqualify us from a 24 hour race in our own country?

4. Article 61.1 points out that cars eligible to take part in the GT1 category MUST be equiped with this device. In Spa there were SEVERAL GT1 cars which did not carry the data logger. In the regulations it says nowhere that one-time entrants do not need to install the logger and I could not find back any FIA bulletins that some cars were exempted from this rule. Why were no measures taken against this?

5. I understood from the explanations from the stewards that the fact that we got an official warning in Monza played a role in the decision on Sunday. I remind you that at that time we didn’t have a data logger in the car, simply because the company that the FIA appoints to deliver these systems to the teams was not able to provide us with a system in time.

From the beginning of the season we have been checked extensively by the scrutineers. We have always been as cooperative as possible as it serves us no good that people seem to think we are cheating. Now we have been disqualified because of an issue which has nothing to do with cheating. This happened in the most important race of the season and in our own country. You can imagine the critisism we had to take in the press the last couple of days.
This will probably have an effect with our financial partners as we are discussing projects for 2006. On top of that our hopes to challenge for this year’s championship title have been destroyed by now.

We feel very bad about this situation and we have no idea how to undo the damage. For me personally GLPK Carsport finished 4th in this year’s 24 Hours of Spa. The technical crew and the drivers did a magnificent job, in any case put some excitement in the later stages of the race. I’m sure we will start the rest of the season with at least as much dedication to win races. I just hope that we can change the thinking of those people in the FIA and the other teams who believe that we are achieving our performance in a dishonnest way.

I remain open for any feedback you might have.

Sincerely Yours,

Jorge Segers
Teammanager GLPK-Carsport

Er zijn ook mensen op dit forum die graag deze tekst in het Nederlands willen .

Mer sportieve groeten
Old 03-08-2005, 14:15
De Paddock Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannick88
Er zijn ook mensen op dit forum die graag deze tekst in het Nederlands willen .

Mer sportieve groeten
Heel mooi van Jorge dat hij de tekst hier zet, ik denk niet dat de FIA nederlands begrijpt...
Old 03-08-2005, 15:33
I need speed !

@ Yannick

Er bestaat een online vertaalprogramma dat dan wel eens handig zou kunnen zijn: http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr De vertaling lijkt soms een beetje op Zuid-Afrikaans, maar het is toch te begrijpen.
Old 03-08-2005, 15:42
De Paddock Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart.Vandecavey
Heel mooi van Jorge dat hij de tekst hier zet, ik denk niet dat de FIA nederlands begrijpt...
Inderdaad bedankt Jorge. Nog wat meer info die duidelijk maakt dat de strafmaat absoluut overdreven is. FIA heeft geen besef wat voor gevolgen dit heeft voor sponsors en eventueel toekomstige sponsors.

@Yannick: een minimum aan beleefdheid mag wel. Je kan niet verlangen dat hij deze tekst even voor dit forum gaat vertalen. Wie kent er tegenwoordig nu geen (beetje) Engels...
Old 03-08-2005, 17:22
De Paddock Rookie

Inderdaad heel sjiek van Jorge om dit hier te posten. Prima brief met duidelijk statement en onderbouw. Persoonlijk vind ik de disqualificatie van GLPK Carsport echt wel overdreven en betreur ik het ten zeerste dat het FIA-GT kampioenschap er opeens heel wat minder interessant/spannend gaat uitzien.
Ik wens mijn "buurtjes van in de pitlane van afgelopen week-end" het allerbeste en 'k zou zeggen "blijven gaan met die gele banaan"
Old 03-08-2005, 17:40
De Paddock Regular

De repliek is wel heel mooi en goed onderbouwd.

Maar dit is toch zwak:

De data van de vorige tests zijn enkel valabel, indien men er vanuit gaat dat de airbox en de druk nu hetzelfde zijn. Enkel kan de FIA daar niet vanuit. Wie weet werd er wel valsgespeeld en is de airbox groter. Daarom heeft de FIA de testen al zoveel uitgevoerd op de Corvette en de andere wagens.
Old 03-08-2005, 17:50
De Paddock Enthousiast

- - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by FIRE; 03-08-2005 at 20:44.
Old 03-08-2005, 17:52
De Paddock Rookie

We hebben de 'stall test' doorstaan na de wedstrijd in het parc ferme. Het gaat hem niet om de grootte van de airbox, maar of al de lucht die de motor
ingaat langs de restrictors passeert.
De motor wordt bij zo een test tot op 3000t/m gebracht waarna de restrictors afgesloten worden. Op dat moment moet de motor stilvallen, indien dit niet het geval is, is er ergens een 'lek'.

In de 3-uurs races wordt de airbox trouwens verzegeld, dus een aanpassing hieraan is steeds bekend bij de FIA.
Old 03-08-2005, 18:31
De Paddock Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segers Jorge
We hebben de 'stall test' doorstaan na de wedstrijd in het parc ferme. Het gaat hem niet om de grootte van de airbox, maar of al de lucht die de motor
ingaat langs de restrictors passeert.
De motor wordt bij zo een test tot op 3000t/m gebracht waarna de restrictors afgesloten worden. Op dat moment moet de motor stilvallen, indien dit niet het geval is, is er ergens een 'lek'.

In de 3-uurs races wordt de airbox trouwens verzegeld, dus een aanpassing hieraan is steeds bekend bij de FIA.
Ah k, dan is het inderdaad wel raar.
Old 03-08-2005, 20:37
Pain in the Ass :)

@ Jorge Segers, bedankt voor het geplaatste bericht. Het geeft op bepaalde punten een verbeterd inzicht voor de mensen langs de kant. Benieuwd of de FIA haar fouten ook zo ruiterlijk gaat toegeven zoals jullie dat hebben gedaan Uitgaande van jullie brief hebben die blauwe blazers toch twee joekels van fouten gemaakt.............
Confidentiality Notice: This communication and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. This communication is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby respectfully notified that any disclosures, copying, forwarding or distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Old 03-08-2005, 20:51
De Paddock Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
@ Jorge Segers, bedankt voor het geplaatste bericht. Het geeft op bepaalde punten een verbeterd inzicht voor de mensen langs de kant. Benieuwd of de FIA haar fouten ook zo ruiterlijk gaat toegeven zoals jullie dat hebben gedaan Uitgaande van jullie brief hebben die blauwe blazers toch twee joekels van fouten gemaakt.............
Hier ben ik het wel mee eens.