De Paddock
- Direct Access -
De Paddock Modelbouw Forum
De Paddock Autosport Forum

Go Back   De Paddock > Autosport > Endurance
Home
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar F1 Prono Today's Posts Links

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 28-06-2002, 16:15
Administrator

Location: Oud-turnhout in het weekend en Antwerpen in de week
Kumpen ongedeerd na zware crash

Quote:

Rising Belgian star Anthony Kumpen this morning walked away from a huge crash at Anderstorp, Sweden, after a bracket that holds the brake caliper in place, failed.

Kumpen takes up the story after being released from the Medical Centre a few minutes ago: "I was on the long straightaway approaching the right-hand corner at the end. I was travelling at close to 270km/h. I braked 500 meters from the end and nothing happened. I went on to the grass on the left, and was fighting to control the car, but I went off into the forest and stopped a long way from the circuit."

Understandably shaken after the experience, the Hasselt based driver added: "I think the car is badly damaged underneath because en-route to the forest I went into a ditch, and ?took out' many small trees. It seemed to take forever for the car to come to a stop."

Previously in the session teammate Mike Hezemans put the Carsport Holland Chrysler Viper GTS-R second in the Free Practice standings, behind the Lister Storm.

Kumpen continued: "I was on my second lap, in dry conditions although there was a shower earlier on in the day but this wasn't contributory to what happened. I guess I was very lucky not to be worse off. It certainly has shaken me but otherwise I'm okay. We will definitely miss this afternoon's Free Practice (!) but hope to get it sorted for tomorrow."

Team Carsport Holland are working frantically to achieve that goal.

Kumpen is partnered by Ridley Bikes, Focusing Sport.com, Crash.net, XL Web Design, and Cranfield University.

bron: crash.net

Old 28-06-2002, 17:00
Administrator

Een pak van mijn hart, dat Anthony ok is :-)

* WWW.SENNAKE.BE *
Old 28-06-2002, 18:12
Pain in the Ass :)

een spin op zijn tijd is wel amusant.......maar dit hoeft voor mij niet, geloof dat dit wel een "big one" was.
Confidentiality Notice: This communication and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. This communication is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby respectfully notified that any disclosures, copying, forwarding or distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Old 28-06-2002, 18:29
De Paddock Regular

gelukkig is anthony oké voor het zelfde geld was het anders afgelopen
Old 28-06-2002, 19:55
Captain Paddock

Met een Viper het bos in. Hopelijk krijgen ze de wagen OK voor de race.

WWW.WERNER333.COM
Old 29-06-2002, 15:13

http://194.98.160.93/worldgt2/tablea...storp&archive=

Kumpen en Hezemans rijden weer...........
Confidentiality Notice: This communication and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. This communication is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby respectfully notified that any disclosures, copying, forwarding or distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Old 29-06-2002, 16:08
De Paddock Rookie

Kumpen heeft zijn reeks van zware crashes wel gehad dit seizoen, remember de zware crash in Francorchamps, een wiel verloren laatst en nu dit weer, laten we een kaarsje branden voor zijnen engelbewaarder, hij kan hem wel gebruiken de laatste tijd. Houden zo.
Old 29-06-2002, 17:03

it runs in the family, die engelbewaarder van Verstappen zat toch werkloos thuis.

hoe meer pech en ongeluk....des te groter wordt het uiteindelijke succes. Althans laten we dat hopen......
Old 01-07-2002, 21:14
Captain Paddock

Uitslag:

1 Piccini/Deletraz Ferrari 550 Maranello 3h01m16.709s
2 Bouchut/Terrien Chrysler Viper GTS-R +21.844s
3 Hezemans/Kumpen Chrysler Viper GTS-R +25.720s
4 Gollin/Cappellari Chrysler Viper GTS-R +29.971s
5 Calderari/Bryner/Dor Ferrari 550 Maranello +1 lap
6 Vosse/Rosenbald Chrysler Viper GTS-R +1 lap

Bron: http://www.autosport.com/

WWW.WERNER333.COM
Old 05-07-2002, 12:01
De Paddock Rookie

Location: Op de verkeerde plaats van het land als je autosport fan bent
Quote:
Originally posted by ac.cobra427
Kumpen heeft zijn reeks van zware crashes wel gehad dit seizoen, remember de zware crash in Francorchamps, een wiel verloren laatst en nu dit weer, laten we een kaarsje branden voor zijnen engelbewaarder, hij kan hem wel gebruiken de laatste tijd. Houden zo.
Ik begin mij toch wel vragen te stellen over de voorbereiding en het onderhoud van de team Carsport Vipers. We kunnen het niet allemaal op slecht geluk steken. Zoals je al zei wiel verloren, gecrashd op Magny-Cours tijdens de trainingen en nu weer een zware crash...